The historical BAL Theater located in San Leandro California is a community venue that was built in 1945. It is an 800 seating capacity venue that accommodates events, concerts, movies, and performing arts theater. BAL theater was billed as the Bay Area’s most modern theater, Dazzling and Lavished when it opened on July 1, 1945. The theater included a replica of the sidewalk at Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood, complete with hand and footprints of Hollywood Stars. Read more
Parking is not available at this venue but there are surrounding public street parking around the theater on East 14th street and Bancroft Ave. and public transportation options available like the B.A.R.T. The Bay Fair Mall Bart Station is within walking distance of the theater and the AC Transit Routes 1, 40, and 89. The AC Transit R1 Bus is a direct connection from Berkeley to the front of the theater. Read more
Please be aware of the General Rules, Regulations, and Policies imposed by the HISTORIC BAL THEATRE.
COVID POLICY AND GUIDELINES:
- No Mask, No Entry. Face Mask must be worn at all times while in the venue.
- Security will be doing contactless temperature checks at the door.
- Please bring proof or self-testify that you are vaccinated. You may also bring a negative covid test or self-testify that you are covid negative.
- Self-test kits are available at Walgreens and CVS.
- If you don’t feel well, please don’t come. BAL Theater wants everyone to be safe and feel safe while enjoying the show.
- All patrons are subject to Bag Checks, security searches, security PA Downs and Metal Detection Scans.
- No Outside Food, Candy, or Drinks are allowed
- Turn off cellphones or put on vibrate
- NOT ALLOWED
- large bags,
- large purses,
- weapons of any kind
- chewing gums,
- professional Cameras
- recording Equipment
- animals unless licensed service animal with proof
- talking or texting
- video or audio equipment
- dancing or standing in the aisles
- ins and outs
- babies in arms
- baseball caps
- read more
YOU CAN ALSO PATRONIZE THE LOCAL RESTAURANTS AND BUSINESSES SURROUNDING THE HISTORIC BAL THEATRE BEFORE AND OR AFTER THE EVENTS. THEY ALL HAVE LARGE PARKING LOTS.
Local Businesses surrounding the BAL Theater:
- Bayfair Mall
- Tito’s Mexican Restaurant
- Salvadorian Bakery
- Fat Fish
- Rickys Sports Bar
- Harrys Hofbarau
- PEP Boys
- Burger King
- Joe’s Pho
- and more
Hotels and Accommodation nearby BAL Theater
- Oakland Airport Executive Hotel
- Budget Inn
- Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro
- Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley, an IHG Hotel
- Comfort Inn, Castro Valley
- The Marina Inn, San Francisco Bay
- Premier Inn and Suites
- Rodeway Inn & Suites
- Harris Motel
- Super 8 by Wyndham Hawyard Downtown
- Commodore Hotel